[vc_row][vc_column][trx_title top=”null” bottom=”null”]
BABY GRANT – NURSERY SNEAK PEEK
[/trx_title][trx_title top=”null” bottom=”null”]
AUGUST 1, 2019
[/trx_title][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]It’s August and that means one thing – it’s officially BABY MONTH! It is the most surreal feeling to be sharing a sneak peek of Baby Grant’s nursery. Wasn’t it just yesterday my jaw hit the floor and we announced that he/she would be joining our family this August?! (You can watch the super cute video HERE!)
I wrote a First Trimester Recap post, and felt so great second trimester that I never wrote one – so I figured I’d catch everyone up to speed on the last few months! We’re in month 9 and ready to welcome our sweet baby any day now! I keep joking that, of course, because we’re fully prepared, I’ll be pregnant until 2020. I was a stubborn baby and showed up several days late, so we’ll see!
So what have we been up to?!
- We made the most of the second trimester and kick started decluttering our house and starting on the nursery while I had some extra energy. We purchased our crib, and made a trip to Ikea to purchase a dresser. We’re using my grandmas rocking chair because it means a lot to me to have something of hers in the nursery. It was painted blue, so it’s been painted white to match our neutral theme.
- We spent many nights visiting the local sno-cone shack right down the road from our house, because baby LOVES some ice! ..plus the sno-cones are stuffed with ice cream – so amazing!
- At 30 weeks we got to take our parents to a 3D scan. Baby was full of smiles and it looked like they were trying to talk to us, it was amazing!
- We attended a set of 3 baby classes at the hospital with our brother and sister-in-law who are expecting 9 days before us!
- My family held a gorgeous baby shower, and my mother-in-law helped throw us a joint shower with my sister-in-law where we got to see out of town family and friends from Atlanta all the way to Charleston.
- We’ve spent hours upon hours watching baby move around. The kicks and punches have turned into rolls and flips.
- I got to celebrate my first Mothers Day, and Kyle celebrated his first Fathers Day.
- We traveled to Atlanta to visit family and take baby to their first Braves game. The Braves lost, but we got dip n’ dots so it was still a win!
- Now that our nursery is stocked with baby books, Kyle picks a new one each night to read to baby. Although it doesn’t help put us to sleep (because nothing helps these days) it’s one of my favorite routines.
- For our babymoon we headed to Carolina Beach and spent a week eating way too much food and soaking up too much sun – both were needed!
- I shot my last wedding and last session and I am officially taking it easy until baby arrives! I spend my days working on my website, drinking too much Chick-Fil-A lemonade, and rearranging the baby’s dresser too many times.
Many people asked how we’d decorate not knowing the gender. The truth is, I love neutrals, so this neutral nursery was honestly probably what baby would have ended up with even if we found out their gender! I love how clean and simple it feels. We’re working on putting the final touches on the nursery once Baby G arrives and we have our newborn session, but for now, here’s a sneak peek of our gender neutral nursery![/vc_column_text][vc_empty_space][vc_empty_space][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_gallery type=”image_grid” images=”5569,5565,5571,5566,5573,5572,5567,5568,5570,5579,5575,5574″ img_size=”full” onclick=””][/vc_column][/vc_row]
leave a comment!